FOR THE WEBSITE HTTPS://WWW.TSMSENSORS.COM/
What cookies are and what they are for
A cookie is a text file that a website visited by the user sends to his or her terminal, where it is stored and then retransmitted to that website on a subsequent visit.
Cookies are divided according to:
1) the party that installs them on the user’s terminal, depending on whether it is the same operator of the website that the user is visiting (so called “first-party cookies”) or a different website, which installs cookies through the first website (so-called “third-party cookies”);
2) the purpose of each cookie: some cookies allow the website that installed them to remember, for example, the preferences expressed by the user during navigation or to make a purchase or for authentication (so-called “technical cookies”), other cookies allow the website that installed them to monitor the user’s navigation also for the purpose of sending advertising or offering services in line with the preferences expressed by the user while surfing the web (so-called “profiling cookies”).
Technical cookies are used for the sole purpose of “transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service”. Cookies of this type are necessary to ensure that some areas of the website function properly. Cookies in this category include both persistent cookies and session cookies. If these cookies are not installed, all or part of the website may not function properly. They are therefore always used, regardless of user preferences.
Cookies in this category are always sent from our domain. Technical cookies can be divided into:
– navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access reserved areas);
– “analytics cookies” (e.g. Google Analytics), similar to technical cookies, where used directly by the manager of the website to gather information in aggregated form on the number of users and how they visit the website;
– function cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, language, products selected for purchase) to improve the service provided.
Please note in particular that the Google Analytics tool used on this website collects the IP address of visitors to provide an indication of their geographical location. This method is known as IP geolocation. Google Analytics does not report information about the actual IP addresses of visitors. Due to the use of a method known as IP masking, Google Analytics communicates information so that only part of the IP address is used for geolocation rather than the entire address.
Cookies for integrating Third Party functions
Cookies of this type are used to integrate third party functions into the website (e.g. integration with social networks or advertising services). Cookies in this category may be sent from the domains of partner websites (or websites that offer the functions in the website) and may use information about your visit to show you advertisements that may be of interest to you. Your browser is automatically set to accept cookies.
Information pursuant to Article 13 of Reg. 2016/679/EU
In relation to the information collected by cookies installed directly by the Website, the Controller specifies that:
- the data are collected only for the purposes and for the duration indicated in the table below and are processed by computer;
- with regard to “technical” cookies, it is reiterated that the use of such cookies does not require the prior consent of the user since they are necessary to allow navigation within the Website and ensure that it works properly. If technical cookies are removed through your browser settings, browsing the Website may not be possible in whole or in part;
- Profiling cookies are used to allow the Controller to know the User’s preferences and they require the consent of the data subject.
The website uses the following cookies which can be disabled by following the instructions below:
By default, many browsers allow cookies to be used automatically, but they also offer the possibility to control most cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to delete them.
For more information on controlling cookies, please see the “Tools” (or similar) section in your browser.
You can set your browser to receive a warning before accepting a cookie, allowing you to decide whether or not to receive it. You can also disable cookies completely.
How to disable cookies
If you prefer not to receive cookies, you can change your Internet browser settings so that you are notified whenever a cookie is offered to your computer, or so that you can delete cookies already stored on your hard drive.
Please note that preventing us from placing cookies on your computer during your visit (including essential cookies), or deleting cookies after they have been placed, may affect the functionality of our website and compromise its effective use by you. This applies to all websites, as well as ours, once cookies are disabled via your browser settings.
Most browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc.) are configured to accept cookies. Cookies stored on the hard disk of your device can still be deleted and you can also disable cookies by following the instructions provided by the main browsers in the support sections:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=it
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Eliminare%20i%20cookie
- Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Opera: http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=it_IT
- Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/it-it/help/4027947/windows-delete-cookies
How to disable third party cookies
- FACEBOOK (configuration): log into your account. Privacy section.
- TWITTER (configuration): https://twitter.com/settings/security
- LINKEDIN (configuration): https://www.linkedin.com/settings/